School Major in Sociology and American Studies with a concentration in Legal studies and Racial Justice at Wellesley College, MA
Strength as a tutor
I am super passionate about learning and truly believe that knowledge is power. I am comfortable working with a range of ages and have a background in a variety of subjects. I come with an open-minded approach and ability to account for a diverse set of perspectives!
My classes will be fun and focus on improving reading comprehension and writing while learning more about history, American studies, social justice, or global events.
- 3 adjectives that best describes you
- Extra-curricular activities
- I have my own baking initiative to raise funds and awareness for groups in need
- I love to volunteer
- I am super passionate about social and racial justice
- Pre-Law Society
- Cultural Organizations (for Black students and Caribbean students)
- Arts & Music Society
Booking Calendar -- You can book anytime after signing up for classes. After signing up, you will be receiving a sign-up confirmation email that connects you and your tutor. Your tutor will send you a greeting email to confirm your class schedule and get ready for your first lesson.
- Time Zone: PST
- Flexible? Any day (11:30-2:30PM PST, after 5PM PST)
- Not Available time: Sunday off, Saturday afternoon?
Students: elementary, middle and school school students
- Social Studies:
- Are you having trouble engaging with history and social studies classes in school? I would like to help show students answer the question: How does history relate to me/why should I care?
- Breaking down why elections are important, what does the constitution mean and have to do with me? Why is voting important? Exploring and learning about historical figures and historical contexts
- Teaching writing structure (K-6) and helping them create a strong foundation for their own writing style
- Helping ESL students on vocabulary and grammar
- How to relate to topics: I am good at teaching the tips on how to find something they would enjoy writing about even in a topic that may not seem of interest to them; Helping students become comfortable and curating their own writing patterns
- Academic writing: Persuasive essays, comparative essays, research papers
- College-preparatory writing and reading
- Math (K-8 or up to Algebra 1)
- Bring your schoolwork to work on and review
- If they want more practice, I will send worksheets and more practice problems
Cancellation and Refund:
- You can cancel the classes any time. The cancellation should be made in advance in writing. The remaining untaught classes after the cancellation notification will be refunded.
- If you unable to attend a class you booked, our cancellation policy will be applied.
- You can cancel a class 24 hours before the start of the scheduled class without penalty.
- If you cancel it within 24 hours of the start time, there is a late cancellation fee ($10).
If you miss a class without canceling ahead of time, the class will be counted as an absence, and there will be no refunds or rescheduling (100% class fee for the session will be applied) because the tutor’s hour was already taken.