School Major in International Business at Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia.
Strength as a tutor
- Good social skills
- Very personable
- Loves children
- Fast learner
- Has had several experiences working with children (camp counselor, babysitting, AWANA)
- 3 adjectives that best describes you
Extra-curricular activities: International Vaccine Institute, Intern; Transparency International, Intern; (Summer) Camp SFS, Counselor; Student Ambassador, Senior Executive, KAIAC/APAC student coordinator; Student Council, Homeroom Representative, House Representative; Transparency SFS club, President; Random Acts of Kindness club, Events coordinator; AWANA, Leaders in Training; Model United Nation, president of International Court of Justice; Sports Council, Scorekeeping Executive; Vida Nueva (Student Christian Retreat), Rectora; College Ministry.
Hi everyone! I'm Joyce. I was born in New Jersey but moved to Korea at a young age and attended an international school from 1st to 12th grade. I have two older siblings working in the United States and my parents both have experience in education. My father is a conductor but has worked as a professor for students in Korean universities teaching music theory. My mother has been a teacher for over 15 years and she has taught both biology and Korean in international school and a Korean high school. I have always felt comfortable with younger students and volunteered in activities like AWANA and worked as a camp counselor, babysitter, and tutor in the past.
My tutoring is focused on learning the student’s needs and interests to engage them further into their education. As a student myself, I believe that I can relate to students and their struggles in learning new concepts that will help me create the most fitting lessons/tutoring sessions for my students. Attending international school my entire life I understand the difficulties of having to learn or develop skills in a language that students may not be most comfortable in and I hope to use this experience to help students hone language skills - English and Korean.
I have Basic CPR training certification and Bilingual Proficiency certification.
Booking Calendar -- You can book anytime after signing up for classes. After signing up, you will be receiving a sign-up confirmation email that connects you and your tutor. Your tutor will send you a greeting email to confirm your class schedule and get ready for your first lesson.
- Time Zone: EST
M, T, & W 8AM-11AM
TH 10AM-11AM EST
F 9AM-12PM EST,
M 8-10PM EST
M 7-8PM EST,
T 9:30-10:30PM EST
W 5-6PM EST
W 7PM-8PM EST
Students: age 3 to grade 10
- Homework Help / School Help
- Story time & play
- Basic, Intermediate Conversation
- Korean Alphabets & Early Reading
- Writing (elementary school)
- Story time / Reading time
Cancellation and Refund:
- You can cancel the classes any time. The cancellation should be made in advance in writing. The remaining untaught classes after the cancellation notification will be refunded.
- If you unable to attend a class you booked, our cancellation policy will be applied.
- You can cancel a class 24 hours before the start of the scheduled class without penalty.
- If you cancel it within 24 hours of the start time, there is a late cancellation fee ($10).
If you miss a class without canceling ahead of time, the class will be counted as an absence, and there will be no refunds or rescheduling (100% class fee for the session will be applied) because the tutor’s hour was already taken.