[Mandy's Greeting Video is coming soon]
School: Currently studying double majors in Computer Science and in Philosophy, Wellesley College, MA
- Strength as a tutor
- Very patient: I am always listening to students' perspectives and walking them through their problem or question.
- Knows both American and Asian cultures in studying
- 3 adjectives that best describes you
Extra-curricular activities: I was in a debate team throughout high school and a chair on Wellesley's pre-law society. Now I am a volunteer English teacher and part of a research group at MIT.
Scheduling your Class:
* Sign up for one session (as a trial): You can directly sign up for one session as a trial on our website. Or you can also skip the trial class. After your payment is made, our admin will send you a confirmation email that connects you and your tutor. After that your tutor will send you a greeting email to schedule a class day/time with you and get ready for your lesson.
* Sign up for one unit (8 sessions): If you confirm that you would like to sign up for one unit (=8 sessions), our admin will send you an invoice and a confirmation email that connects you and your tutor. Your tutor will send you a welcoming email.
- Time Zone: EST
- Preferred: Weekdays afternoon or evening EST
- Available: Flexible (weekdays and weekend)
- Friday afternoon and evening
Students: grade K to grade 12
- Mandarin (Beginner & Intermediate, GK-G12)
- Fluent in both standard Mandarin and English; Went to school in both mainland China and the US; native speaker, reader and writer of Mandarin;
- Conversational Mandarin; Chinese literature intro and analysis (advanced); school-focused mandarin homework help and tutoring;
- Intro to computer science/ programming (G5-G9)
- Introduction to Python: Learning the fundamentals of programming with Python; creating fun projects such as building a mini -game or designing simple algorithms; We will use Visual Studio Code for the projects.
- Math (GK-G11)
- We will practice select challenging problems (beyond school math) and explain the concepts behind them for advanced students. I have taught in Russian School of Math (RSM) tutoring.
- For students who need help with the school curriculum, I can help them make the math problem solving process explicit and identify weaknesses in the current study pattern.
Cancellation and Refund:
- You can cancel the classes any time. The cancellation should be made in advance in writing. The remaining untaught classes after the cancellation notification will be refunded.
- If you unable to attend a class you booked, our cancellation policy will be applied.
- You can cancel a class 24 hours before the start of the scheduled class without penalty.
- If you cancel it within 24 hours of the start time, there is a late cancellation fee ($10).
If you miss a class without canceling ahead of time, the class will be counted as an absence, and there will be no refunds or rescheduling (100% class fee for the session will be applied) because the tutor’s hour was already taken.